Mass Transit Grade Rubber - Smoke, Flame & Toxicity
Kismet Rubber Products manufactures custom rubber parts from transit-grade rubber compounds that are ideal for the mass transit & transportation industry, including rail and bus applications. We currently have four transit-grade & flame retardant rubber compounds, and we are working on creating more transit-grade compounds. The demanding environments in transit & rail require rubber compounds that resist smoke generation, flame propagation, and toxic fume buildup to ensure the safety of travelers. Kismet’s transit-grade compounds comply with the following specifications for smoke, flame, and toxic gas production (sometimes referred to as "FST" for Flame, Smoke and Toxicity):
- ASTM E 162-13 (Surface flammability)
- ASTM C 1166-06 (2011) as cited by ASTM C 542 Section 7.8 (Flame propagation)
- ASTM E 662-14 (Smoke generation)
- SMP 800-C (Current revision)
- ASTM E 1354-15
- NFPA-130 (Standard for Fixed Guideway Transit and Passenger Rail Systems)
- BSS 7239 (Standard for the generation of toxic gases by specific materials upon combustion)
What Materials are Used in Mass Transportation?
Kismet's mass transit grade rubber compounds for smoke, flame, and toxicity include:
- Neoprene (65 Duro) Smoke Flame Toxicity
- EPDM Smoke Flame Toxicity
- Silicone Smoke Flame Toxicity
- Neoprene/EPDM Sponge
Kismet Rubber will work with material manufacturers to customize transit grade compounds to meet your applications. Call us today at (706) 426-0400 to discuss your project needs.
Products that use Fire-Resistant Compounds:
Kismet is able to manufacture the following items using our fire-resistant compound (flame-retardant rubber):
Kismet Rubber Products is based in Blue Ridge, Georgia, and manufactures custom rubber extrusions for a variety of industries, including transportation. To place an order for our low smoke, flame & toxicity (FST) rubber compounds and flame retardant rubber, please request a quote today!