Mass Transit Grade Rubber - Smoke, Flame & Toxicity
Kismet Rubber Products manufactures custom rubber parts from transit-grade rubber compounds that are ideal for the mass transit & transportation industry, including rail and bus applications. We use four transit-grade & flame retardant rubber compounds. The demanding environments in transit & rail require rubber compounds that resist smoke generation, flame propagation, and toxic fume buildup to ensure the safety of travelers. Kismet’s transit-grade compounds comply with the following specifications for smoke, flame, and toxic gas production (sometimes referred to as "FST" for Flame, Smoke and Toxicity):
- ASTM E 162-13 (Surface flammability)
- ASTM C 1166-06 (2011) as cited by ASTM C 542 Section 7.8 (Flame propagation)
- ASTM E 662-14 (Smoke generation)
- SMP 800-C (Current revision)
- ASTM E 1354-15
- NFPA-130 (Standard for Fixed Guideway Transit and Passenger Rail Systems)
- BSS 7239 (Standard for the generation of toxic gases by specific materials upon combustion)
Materials used in Mass Transportation:
Kismet's mass transit grade rubber compounds for smoke, flame, and toxicity include:
Kismet Rubber will work with material manufacturers to customize transit grade compounds to meet your applications. Call us today at (706) 426-0400 to discuss your project needs.
Kismet is able to manufacture the following items using our fire-resistant compound (flame-retardant rubber):
Kismet Rubber Products is based in Blue Ridge, Georgia, and manufactures custom rubber extrusions for a variety of industries, including transportation. To place an order for our low smoke, flame & toxicity (FST) rubber compounds and flame retardant rubber, please request a quote today!