Custom Electrical Enclosure Seals & Gaskets
Kismet Rubber Products manufactures high-quality custom electrical enclosure gaskets and seals for industrial applications. For over 60 years, we have manufactured high-performance gaskets used in standard electrical enclosures, NEMA enclosures, and IP enclosures to seal the enclosure housings and doors. Our expert staff will assist you in determining the best material for the gasket to ensure reliable, durable sealing and protection against weather, dust, chemicals, oil and UV light. We will work with you to ensure that the material selected will meet the NEMA rating and IP grade of the enclosure.We are also ISO 9001:2015 Certified.
Our electrical enclosure gaskets are used for many applications, including construction, power generation, aerospace, industrial processing, transportation, and marine applications.
Enclosure Seal Capabilities
Kismet's enclosure seals can be manufactured with these capabilities:
- Profile sizes from 0.060”- 4.00” thick and up to 6.00” width, for a maximum area of 12.00 sq. in.
- Simple to complex part geometries
- Square, oval, rectangle, and circular shapes
- Coil form, long straight lengths, form-cured lengths, and cut pieces
- Precision extrusion of dense and sponge materials, simple and complex geometries
- Precision cutting using a guillotine, electro-cut (lathe cut), Versa, or Thropp processes
- Precision vulcanized splicing, mitered splicing, or injection molded corners and joints
- In-house tool design and production, including extrusion, dies, splicing molds, and corner molds
- Continuous cure microwave, salt cure, steam cure, and HAV systems to provide tighter tolerances, long lengths, shorter cure cycles, and in-line cutting of finished parts
- Value-added services, including in-line marking, notching, hole punching, slitting, metal/rubber, and plastic/rubber parts assembly
Materials for Electrical Door Panel Gaskets
We manufacture our electrical door panel gaskets using BUNA-N, EPDM, Neoprene® 1, nitrile, FKM (Viton®), and silicone. We have the capability to formulate custom compounds if one of the standard rubber formulations or compounds does not meet your requirements. Compounds and formulations are available in commercial and specification grades to meet industry and regulatory standards, including UL, Mil-Spec, ASTM, NEMA, IP, and industry-specific standards for smoke, flame, and toxicity.
At Kismet Rubber, we understand that the quality of your finished product is dependent on the quality of the components you use. We are committed to manufacturing your part to the highest standard of excellence so you can be assured that your Kismet component will meet or exceed your expectations. We have the capacity to handle quantities from short runs through full production runs.
Call today at 706-426-0400 to see how we can be of assistance.