Custom Extruded Door Gaskets
For over 60 years, Kismet Rubber Products has manufactured high quality door gaskets for the OEM and replacement part markets. Our door gaskets are used for industrial and commercial applications for the electronics, aerospace, construction, transportation, food processing, appliance, marine and power generation industries.Manufactured to precise specifications, Kismet’s door seals provide a superior seal or insulation in even the most demanding environments – from external building doors, to refrigerator seals.
Door Gasket Manufacturing Capabilities
With over 60 years of experience, we have the application expertise to manufacture a door gasket that will meet your exact requirements and will be delivered to you on time and installation-ready. Our capabilities include:
- Profile sizes from 0.060”- 4.00” thick and up to 6.00” width, for a maximum area of 12.00 sq. inches
- Simple to complex part geometries
- Precision extrusion of dense and sponge materials, simple and complex geometries
- Precision cutting using guillotine, electro-cut (lathe cut), Versa or Thropp processes
- Precision vulcanized splicing, mitered spliced or injection molded corners and joints
- Inhouse tool design and production, including extrusion dies, splicing molds, and corner molds
- Continuous cure microwave, salt cure, steam cure, and HAV systems to provide tighter tolerances, long lengths, shorter cure cycles, and in-line cutting of finished parts
- Value-added services, including in-line marking, notching, hole punching, slitting, metal/rubber and plastic/rubber parts assembly.
Door Gasket Materials & Shapes
Kismet Rubber’s door gaskets are available in square, oval, rectangle, and circular shape cross sections. They can be extruded in coil form, long straight lengths, form-cured lengths, and cut pieces, and are available in a range of colors to meet your specific requirements.
We manufacture our extruded door gaskets and seals using BUNA-N, EPDM, Neoprene® 1, SBR, nitrile, FKM (Viton®), silicone, thermoplastic rubber (TPE), and flexible PVC. We have the capability to formulate custom compounds if one of the standard rubber formulations or compounds do not meet your requirements. Materials are available in commercial and specification grades to meet industry and regulatory standards, including Mil Spec, FDA, USDA, 3A Sanitary, UL, NSF, ASTM [D-2000], SAE, AMS, FMVSS, and industry-specific standards for smoke, flame, and toxicity.
At Kismet Rubber, we understand that the quality of your finished product is dependent on the quality of the components you use. We are committed to manufacturing your part to the highest standard of excellence so you can be assured that your Kismet component will meet or exceed your expectations. We have the capacity to handle quantities from short runs through full production runs.
Call today at 706-426-0400 to see how we can be of assistance.