Custom Electrical Enclosure Seals & Gaskets
Kismet Rubber Products manufactures high quality custom electrical enclosure gaskets and seals for industrial applications. For over 60 years, we have manufactured high performance gaskets used in standard electrical enclosures, NEMA enclosures, and IP enclosures to seal the enclosure housings and doors. Our expert staff will assist you in determining the best material for the gasket to ensure reliable, durable sealing and protection against weather, dust, chemicals, oil and UV light. We will work with you to ensure that the material selected will meet the NEMA rating and IP grade of the enclosure.
Enclosure Seal Capabilities
Kismet's enclosure seals can be manufactured with these capabilities:
- Profile sizes from 0.060”- 4.00” thick and up to 6.00” width, for a maximum area of 12.00 sq. in.
- Simple to complex part geometries
- Square, oval, rectangle, and circular shapes
- Coil form, long straight lengths, form-cured lengths, and cut pieces
- Precision extrusion of dense and sponge materials, simple and complex geometries
- Precision cutting using guillotine, electro-cut (lathe cut), Versa or Thropp processes
- Precision vulcanized splicing, mitered spliced or injection molded corners and joints
- Inhouse tool design and production, including extrusion dies, splicing molds, and corner molds
- Continuous cure microwave, salt cure, steam cure, and HAV systems to provide tighter tolerances, long lengths, shorter cure cycles, and in-line cutting of finished parts
- Value-added services, including in-line marking, notching, hole punching, slitting, metal/rubber and plastic/rubber parts assembly
We manufacture our extruded electrical enclosure gaskets using BUNA-N, EPDM, Neoprene® 1, nitrile, FKM (Viton®), silicone, thermoplastic rubber (TPE), and flexible PVC. We have the capability to formulate custom compounds if one of the standard rubber formulations or compounds do not meet your requirements. Compounds and formulations are available in commercial and specification grades to meet industry and regulatory standards, including UL, Mil Spec, ASTM, NEMA, IP, and industry-specific standards for smoke, flame, and toxicity.
At Kismet Rubber, we understand that the quality of your finished product is dependent on the quality of the components you use. We are committed to manufacturing your part to the highest standard of excellence so you can be assured that your Kismet component will meet or exceed your expectations. We have the capacity to handle quantities from short runs through full production runs.
Call today at 706-426-0400 to see how we can be of assistance.