Custom Fluoroelastomer Extrusions
Kismet Rubber Products is a leading extruder of custom parts, specializing in fluoroelastomer extrusions. Obtain superior performance in tough environments with resilient fluoroelastomers, which can withstand extreme temperatures and harsh chemical exposure. With over 60 years of experience, we have the expertise and application knowledge to manufacture reliable, high performance fluoroelastomer extruded parts.
Fluoroelastomers have excellent resistance to extreme temperatures and almost all chemicals, including inorganic acids, alkalines, ketones, esters, alcohols, fuels and hot water. Designed for aggressive or harsh environments, the material is ideal for use in chemicals, oil and gas, semiconductor, analytical and process industries. Fluoroelastomers are used in a variety of applications, which include fuel system seals and hoses, O-rings, gaskets, grommets, bumpers and extrusions.
Characteristics of Fluoroelastomers
Kismet’s fluoroelastomers comply with the following specifications:
- Common Names: Viton, Fluoroelastomer, FKM
- ASTM D2000 Classification: HK
- Military (MIL-STD 417MIL): – R – 25897 and MIL – R - 83248
- Chemical Definition: Fluorinated Hydrocarbon
Some characteristics of fluoroelastomer extrusions manufactured by Kismet Rubber are:
- Durometer Range: 60 – 90
- Tensile Range (P.S.I.): 500 – 2000
- Elongation (Max. %): 300
- Compression Set: Good
- Resilience – Rebound: Fair
- Abrasion Resistance: Good
- Tear Resistance: Good
- Solvent Resistance: Excellent
- Oil Resistance: Excellent
- Low Temperature Usage: +10° to -10°
- High Temperature Usage: 400° to 600°
- Aging Weather – Sunlight: Excellent
- Adhesion to Metals: Good
With so many materials available, selecting the correct rubber for your application can be difficult. Find the best rubber solution for your process with assistance from our rubber experts. An ISO 9001:2008-certified custom rubber extruder and service provider, Kismet Rubber Products strives to deliver the highest quality products to your facility without delay.
Call today at 706-426-0400 to see how we can be of assistance.